Sunday 7 December 2014

Flippin' Fancy Dress

I was not a happy bunny when my friend decided to throw a fancy dress party. The hassle of finding a costume just makes me want to run away and lock myself in my wardrobe. But instead of politely declining the invite, I embraced the challenge of finding a 'I really can't be bothered to dress up but here's my pathetic attempt' costume.
So what does any single young women go as? A cat, But due to every other slutty girl dressing up as a cat, I decided to go for a bunny. And as much as I wanted to go all Bridget Jones I could not face the thought of wearing a bunny tail or a leotard, it's winter for Christ sake (and I was not up for shaving).

So instead I opted for some black lacy ears and drawing some whiskers on my face. That really is enough effort, isn't it? Luckily I had a black dress tucked away in my wardrobe that a had a hint of slut but just enough class to make me look a sexy bunny and not a stripper. And voliĆ”, my costume was complete. I wish I had taken better quality photos to post on my blog but unfortunately pre-drinks made that a bit hard.
I thought there was no point bothering with my hair too much seeing as I'd have my ears on all night (and surprisingly they stayed on my head even when I was being sick), so I did two tiny buns on my head which actually looked half decent. I then did my everyday makeup but made my eyes more prominent and coloured in my nose. If I'm honest, I actually quite enjoyed the whole fancy dress experience.  I'm never going to be the girl who spends £50 on a fancy dress costume but I will be the girl who attempts to look half decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment