Wednesday 26 August 2015

5 Things I Should Have Realised Sooner

1. The way you view yourself is what contributes to your self image. A number on a scale is often misleading and honestly it's how you feel about your body that gives you that confidence boost. For the last few weeks I've been feeling fat and quite down about my body imagine; then I weighed myself and realised something- I was the lightest I had been in a long time! So forgot your weight and focus on loving your body and being proud of it.

2. Don't stay friends with negative people. Just don't do it. It's only going to make you feel worse about yourself and hate spending time with them. Friends should support you and make you feel ecstatic, not bring you down.
Yes, this is the only photo I could find to show how important a happy friendship is. It also shows how stupid GCSE Drama was. FYI it was a Greek play and we played two brothers. 
 3. New shoes will make everything better. They might not make your feet feel that great the first time you wear them however I always feel more put together when I'm showing of a new shoe.

4. Say yes! For God's sake just say yes! Push yourself to go out and meet that new person, agree to do something different for a change and stop being scared of change. Say yes to what could open up new doors for you.

5. It's ok not to be ok. What's not ok is to bottle up all your emotions and let them explode, leaving you in a big sad mess. You're not weak for having weaknesses.

I guess as we grow up we become more aware of what we should stand for and what we shouldn't. Recently I've been experiencing a period in my life where things are unexpectedly changing and it's been quite tough. I found myself scared to say yes to any opportunity that meant being out of my comfort zone. All in all it has a been a bit of shit time for me but I'm realising what steps I can take to make a change. Nothing stays the same forever and whilst this blog post has been very cringey, it's been something I've just needed to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment